The American Dental Association recommends coming in for a dental appointment every six months to keep your smile in top shape. We know many people put off dental appointments due to fear or anxiety, so we strive to make these visits as comfortable and convenient as possible for you.
Our friendly staff is highly trained and very accommodating. If this will be your first visit, here are a few things that you can expect when you come into our office.
What to Expect
- We’ll need to get your dental history from your previous dentist’s office. If you give them a call a few days before your appointment, they’ll be able to either fax or email us your records.
- Plan to arrive fifteen minutes early to complete our paperwork. Be sure to bring proof of insurance and a driver’s license or state ID so we can get you in our system.
- Your dentist will clean your teeth and check for signs of any issues such as gum disease, cavities, or more serious problems like oral cancer. You may need to have an x-ray taken to give us a better look at what’s going on.
- You will likely be asked about your oral hygiene routine. Be honest—we’re not going to judge you! Telling us what you currently do to care for your teeth will give your dentist a better idea of your personal dental needs.
- Finally, you’ll have the chance to ask your dentist any questions you might have, either about your oral hygiene routine, your dental history, or any potential treatments or procedures you might be interested in having. You can then schedule any future appointments you might need with our front desk before you leave.
Are you ready to come in for your first appointment? We’d love to have you! Call our office today and we’ll get you on the schedule.