Call U Sparkle Dental at 713-766-1042 to learn more and make an appointment.
Fill Out the Form To Get an Appointment
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses and hard and soft palate. Oral cancer can normally be treated successfully when it is caught early, but most oral cancer cases are not detected until they have developed into a more advanced and serious case, which is a lot more difficult to treat. When left untreated, oral cancer may be life-threatening. At our office, we will do all we can to catch and treat oral cancers and other mouth abnoramlities when they are in their earliest stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentist and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for any signs of oral cancer.
Common symptoms of oral cancer are the following:
- A chronic sore throat or a feeling that something is lodged at the back of the throat
- Unexplainable bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lingering sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplainable loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Pain in ear
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty in chewing, speaking or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together